Wednesday 23 November 2011

Skin care: The Bodyshop Tea Tree Series (I)

My skin is really oily cos my dad's is, and the fact that i live in ever so humid Singapore doesn't help. So years ago, The Body Shop launched their Tea Tree series which I was really excited to try, cos it claimed to be for blemished skin and it's supposed to remove impurities + tighten pores + reduce oil! So here's a review on the products I've been using from the series.


1. Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash









Pros: It cleans away impurities and skin feels refreshed and a little tingly.. :) And I'd like to believe the tea tree kills off pimple causing bacteria :P P.S i'm using the travel size bottle.

Cons: Does not help my face stay matte, doesn't lather well (refer: 3rd pic)


Rate: 3/5


 Does it's job, but there are better alternatives out  here! If you have REALLY oily skin like I do, I highly recommend Clean and Clear Deep Action Oil Free Facial Wash. (if your skin isn't like really really oily, don't use it cos it'll dry your skin instead.)





2. Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner





I'm on my 3rd bottle!! :) I love this product and I recommend it for daily use if your skin is oily and blemished. You have to shake the bottle btw! Then use about 3 drops on a cotton pad. I know it's not that clear (couldn't capture) but it removes extra impurities on my face that facial wash doesn't remove.

Pros: Removes impurities, leaves a clean feeling, reduces pore size (with daily use)

Cons: Doesn't keep face matte. But with daily use, I noticed that my face isn't as oily as it used to be!


Rate: 4/5


Love it! Will continue using. Though I'm gonna try their seaweed toner next to see if it works better.


3. Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion






I got this in the mini travel size too just to try out :)

Pros: Dries us blemishes, Keeps face matte, and kills bacteria too (i think!) cos there's the tingly sensation.

Cons: Matte effect lasts at the most 6-7 hours.


Rate: 3.5/5


I use this when I'm only going out for a short while, but not the whole day. Doubt I'll be buying more! I'll probably get the Tea Tree Oil instead cos I use this product mainly to dry up my blemishes!


Thanks for looking =)

No comments:

Post a Comment